Products - Continuous Mixers
With its short L/D (length/diameter), the TPEI mixer can handle heavy fill rates in excess of 80%, making it the versatile workhorse plastics compounders have come to love. Featuring a compact chamber that helps keep dwell times low, the mixer is a perfect match for temperature-sensitive materials.
Models and Sizes
TPEI manufactures a complete line of continuous mixers ranging in size from a 1-inch lab machine, producing up to 50 lbs/hr, up to a 9 inch production line producing as much as 15,000 lbs/hr.
The FR (Free Rotor) model is a 3PC rotor design; the shafts are separate from the rotor body allowing rotors to be changed without disturbing the bearing shafts.
The FRE model uses the same 3PC rotor design as the FR, but extends the rotor body by one L/D to help extend the feed chamber of the mixer allowing for ease when feeding hard-to-feed or "fluffy" materials. The "E" machines are typically equipped with approximately 30% more horsepower then the standard FR machines.
CONTINUOUS MIXERS FEATURES
- Three-piece rotor construction
- Patented drive end pneumatic visco seals
- Two temperature controlled body zones, electrically heated/water cooled
- Water cooled feed throat
- Various types of gearing
- Variable speed AC motor
- Rotors constructed from various alloy steels
A variety of rotor profiles are available, which can be easily changed due to the three-piece rotor design. Other rotor profiles that are currently being tested and are awaiting patent approval.
- Style #15 - All-purpose rotor for most applications
- Style #7 - For more sensitive material, for less intense mixing
- Double Flighted - Used to help strengthen the rotor as well as meter flow of material into mixing chamber
- "Extended" rotor for hard-to-feed materials
- "Full Figured" TPEI patented rotor for recycling applications
- Smaller rotors (1FR, 2FR, 4FR) can be constructed from powdered metal for high wear
- Hard Chrome
- Cobalt Carbide
- Nickel Carbide
- Chromium Carbide
Fully Lined Chambers
- Powdered Metals
- 4340 with a coating listed above
- Stainless Steel
- Mixing Dams
- Half Dams
- Injection plugs
- Can be removed to help vent off moisture from the machine
- TiN coated in place of PTFE insert-type orifice
- PTFE insert
- Electrically heated
- Water cooled/steam heated
Download for more information
Register now to stay up to date on the latest news and information about our products and services.
It's free and it only takes a minute.